Personal Information is any information that may be used to identify an individual, including a first and last name, a home or other physical address, an email address, or other contact/identification information, including billing information.
You may access, browse, and use this Site without disclosing any Personal Information to the Enterprise. However, if you register to receive information about the Enterprise's programs and services, you may be asked to provide Personal Information including your name, organization affiliation, email address, and a mailing address. In addition, when inquiries are emailed to the Enterprise through the Site, we store the question and the email address information so that we can respond electronically.
If you decide to register for a conference online, you may be redirected to a reservation interface that is operated by a third party. In such an instance, the third party will also collect Personal Information, including billing information (credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date), from you. The Enterprise will require any third party who assists us with online conference reservations to take steps to protect Personal Information collected on our behalf from unauthorized access. We also will restrict such third parties from using or disclosing Personal Information for any purpose except as necessary to provide their services to us.
Please note that the Site is not designed to attract children under 13 years old. Accordingly, the Enterprise will not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from children through the Site.Automatic Information & Cookies
When you visit the Site, certain information is automatically collected and stored, including the following:
- The domain name from which you access the Internet;
- The date and time you access the Site;
- The Internet address of the web site from which you direct-linked to the Site; and
- The pages you visit within the Site.
This information is used to measure the number of visitors to the various sections of the Site and to help us make the Site more useful to visitors.
Please review "Your choices with respect to the Collection and Use of Personal Information" below.Disclosure of Personal Information
The Enterprise may disclose Personal Information:
- To Enterprise employees.
- To third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including customer service, business analytics, marketing, and services to us in connection with the Site (e.g., to a company that provides hosting services for the Site). These companies have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- To business partners with whom we may jointly offer a service, such as a conference. You can tell when a third party is involved because the third party's name will appear on informational materials. If you choose to take advantage of these offerings, we may share information about you, including Personal Information, with those named partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- When advisable or necessary to conform to legal and regulatory requirements;
- As necessary, in the Enterprise's sole discretion, to protect the perceived rights, safety and property of the Enterprise, users of the Site, and the public; and
- In connection with a change of control or operations, including without limitation in any merger, acquisition, reorganization, restructuring or any other transfer of the Enterprise's assets, or a transfer of the Site operations.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when Personal Information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to the Site. This information does not contain any Personal Information and is used to develop content and services that we hope you find of interest.Access and Changes to Personal Information
You may obtain a copy of any Personal Information about you that you provide through the Site or otherwise request that the Enterprise update or make changes to such Personal Information by sending email to .Your choices
- As noted above, you can choose not to provide the Enterprise with Personal Information, although it may be needed to register for certain service offerings, such as conferences.
- You can access or update Personal Information by sending an email to .
- You may stop the delivery of commercial email communications by following the instructions accompanying a particular communication or by contacting us at .
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
While no web site can guarantee security, the Enterprise has implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect Personal Information. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access Personal Information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions.Links to Other Sites
Last Updated October 3, 2006.