» Awards & Scholarships
» Poster Guidelines
AIDS Vaccine 07 - August 20 through the 23, 2007 - Seattle, USA - Sheraton Seattle Hotel and Towers
Poster Presentation Guidelines
Download PDF of Poster Presentation Guidelines
- All posters must be set up on Monday, August 20 between 1200 and 1700 (push pins will be provided onsite).
- All posters will be up for the duration of the meeting.
- There will be two poster presentation sessions; at least one of the authors must be present at the assigned poster during the official poster session hours of 1900-2100 on Monday and 1730-1930 on Wednesday.
- If you are unable to present your poster, please make arrangements for one of your co-authors to present.
- Individual handouts relative to poster presentations are popular and encouraged.
- All posters should be removed after the close of the meeting on Thursday, August 23. The poster hall will remain open on Thursday, August 23 until 1900. Posters not removed by this time will be discarded.
- Poster presentation space is 4' x 4' (121.92cm x 121.92cm). Push pins will be provided.
- Poster should be easily read at a distance of 5 feet (see Components of a Poster on page 2 for font sizes).
- A poster printed on one large sheet of matte or semi-gloss paper is encouraged.
- Include the title of the presentation in large letters, the authors' names, and the institution(s) where the work was completed at the top center of the poster.
- Poster numbers will be provided onsite. Poster numbers will be posted above your poster, you do not need to leave room for your poster number.
- A reproduction of the abstract placed in the upper left side of the poster is suggested as are the Introduction and Summary/Conclusions sections of your poster.
- Double space lines of text.
- Only text, graphs, photographs, and artwork may be placed on the poster board.
- The Sheraton Hotel & Towers will accept posters shipped to the hotel. Please use the sample shipping label below, be sure to include recipient name and group name, these are necessary for proper handling of your package. Please be sure to keep track of your shipping information and tracking number and have onsite for poster pick up located at the conference registration area.
Sample Shipping Label:
SHERATON SEATTLE HOTEL
1400 SIXTH AVENUE
SEATTLE, WA 98101
AIDS VACCINE 2007 CONFERENCE
STORAGE: EVERETT ROOM
Components and Design of Poster
The heading comprises a title for the research project, author names, and author affiliations (including city, state, and country).
Title (no smaller than 72 points, preferably in a sans serif font)
Author names (no smaller than 36 points, preferably in a sans serif font)
Affiliations (no smaller than 26 points, preferably in a sans serif font)
- Abstract: The abstract summarizes the main results succinctly.
- Body: The body text of the poster will describe methodology, data, results, and interpretation. Body text should be no smaller than 16 points and preferably in a serif font. Preferred fonts are serif fonts such as Times New Roman or Garamond. Headings have more impact in a sans serif font such as Helvetica or Arial.
- Graphics: Include captions below each graphic. Captions for graphics should be no smaller than 14 points and preferably in a serif font. Graphics should be understandable without recourse to a detailed text caption.
- Conclusions: Conclusions should be clear and succinct and provide "take home" messages.