The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is currently serving as the Interim Secretariat.
The Mission of the Secretariat is to:
- Evolve the Scientific Strategic Plan through management of the Enterprise Expert Groups, and synthesis of funder/stakeholder input
- Act as a knowledge resource for the scientific and funding communities in key scientific, operational, and regulatory areas
- Enable new forums for collaboration among Enterprise partners and other stakeholders and act as a catalyst for their involvement
- Serve as an information management and sharing resource for Enterprise participants
- Mobilize significant additional funding of HIV vaccine research and infrastructure as implied by the Scientific Strategic Plan.